How Memes Work for Social Media Marketing?
by Steve Smith
May 10, 2017
in Social Media
Every six months the latest trends for social media marketing change. Lately you must have come across such memes that are working perfectly for promotional activities. Some of them are getting the best out of it and some still find the older ways better. If you are looking forward to include memes for your next social media campaign then you first need to decide whether it will work for you or not?
Memes are very popular among many users and you need to decide if they are your targeted audience or not? If your brand or products relates more with older age people then memes may not work the best for you. And most importantly, you need to understand how memes work?
The core reason for using memes is in its appeal. The marketer needs to understand what kind of impact it can create in the viewers. These are the things you need to keep in mind in doing promotion with memes: deprecation, humor, current scenario and situation and the best thing that memes allow is the open ground for silliness.
The social media marketing executive has to have the proper knowledge of various types of memes and the all the latest references to include in the post. The best part of using it is that it can be easily shared and when you post it on a popular page of the Facebook, you can reach thousands of people at a time.
- Forget seriousness, even when it is your best product.
- Don’t run away from self criticism.
- Try to use current events around the globe.
Things that you need to avoid:
- Not understanding the true purpose of memes.
- Uncertainty in your idea (If you are not sure, leaves it and start working on a new idea).
- Being pulled down easily with your idea (If you are boasting about the positive side of your brand, be confident thoroughly.)
August 23, 2017
July 4, 2017